Thursday, March 11, 2010

RESPECT OF OLD PEOPLE

It is a sad reflection on our society that we don’t pay due respect to our elders, old parents, teachers and other strangers, call them old citizens. Respect includes affection, courtesy, consideration, tender feelings for weak and feebled ones. It is shocking to note that people become so crass that they abandon their parents, grandparents etc. Old people become a sort of burden for them. People don’t bother about their medical problem and also leave them behind when they attend any family and other functions.

Old people are also criticized by their own sons and daughters for their slow and sluggish movement or untidy habits which overcome the old people due to old age. If they cough, this is also not tolerated by young sons and their espouses. Let us see what an old parents pleads with his son and daughter not to maltreat them in an utterly hopeless situation.


If I get dirty while eating … If I have some difficulty dressing… be patient! Remember the hours that I spent teaching you these things when you were small.

If I repeat the same thing dozens of time,
do not interrupt me! Listen to me!

When you were small, you kept asking me to read you the same story, evening after evening, until you fell asleep. And I did it happily !

By seeing my ignorance of new technologies, do not laugh at me but give me time to understand

If I refuse to eat, do not force me !I know very well when I am hungry and when I am not hungry. .

And when one day, I shall say to you that I do not want to live any more … that I want to die, do not get angry … because one day, you will also understand !

Help me walk, help me to end my lifewith love and patience. The only thing that I need from you is a smile and a lot of love.



I love you …my son, my daughter!
Your Dad, your Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment